collapse

Author Topic: Cool Kids Robots  (Read 8376 times)

kingart3

Cool Kids Robots
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:49:43 PM »
Recently I tried to join Cool Kids Robots.

I never got the confirmation email.

Now of course, I can't make a new account with my current name (kingart3) and can't get it to send me a "new password", since I am marked as "unactivated or blocked".

Did the website somehow detect I am "not cool" ...LOL?

Is there a way to contact someone there or is this a waste of time?

-Hal
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:48:51 AM by kingart3 »
Dread Robotic Overlord

James

• (Yahmez)
Re: Cool Kids Robots
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
Check your spam folder maybe?

kingart3

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
Nope, checked that but thanks for the suggestion.  -Hal
Dread Robotic Overlord

Protowrxs

• The Protowrxs World
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »
I sent a PM to Roxanna77 over there to see if she didn't see it.

May have already been resolved?

Protowrxs
The past is done, the future is not here, live today...
My Bots: http://www.Protowrxs.com/robotics

Impala

• Henbane Wellington Soufflage
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
I signed up and got no contact back either. So its not you, its on them.

kingart3

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
OK, I was afraid I was just getting senile and missed or deleted it.  Thanks for the help Protowrxs and Impala.  -Hal
Dread Robotic Overlord

Impala

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:13:47 AM »
I suppose this means that we are not "cool enough" to be "cool kids robots" members....

:o

SixSixSevenSeven

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »
Just tried myself. No email

Impala

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 01:48:12 AM »
They got the email problem fixed today.

Now the question is - that site looks a lot like our old home. This one does not. Do we care? Or where do we stand collectively as a group?
I am waiting on an answer, but I believe a former LMR person is behind that web page.
Personally I am not against using either or both web pages. But I do like that style for project submissions over this default forum style.
Your thoughts???

mogul

• Hot glue gunslinger
  • This is a good day!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 03:25:10 AM »
Now the question is - that site looks a lot like our old home. This one does not. Do we care? Or where do we stand collectively as a group?
CKR indeed has the same look and feel and LMR had, same user flow and what not. I guess that's caused by two factors (they should really speak for them self)
  • CKR is based on Drupal, just like LMR
  • It is easy to form a website when you have all the usability questions already answered
I am waiting on an answer, but I believe a former LMR person is behind that web page.
I don't think so, but I might be wrong. To my knowledge was Frits the only guy behind LMR. He occasionally hired in developers to implement stuff, but it's not my understanding stat those devs were anywhere interested in hobby robotics.
Personally I am not against using either or both web pages. But I do like that style for project submissions over this default forum style.
Your thoughts???
I think the main difference between CKR and RR is the mindset. CKR tries to be kids friendly, RR is more rebellious. Were you feel most comfortable and inspired varies a great deal; do you prefer the family restaurant with synthetic red leather seating or would you rather find yourself in the bar, a little late in the evening, with a unruly argument in the background?

You might find interest in the thread over here as well: http://www.robotrebels.org/index.php?topic=632.0

jinx

• calling from free Europe
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 03:35:40 AM »
for me its the title  "coolkids" always have been.  though am still a member. I dont mind  the little people joining but at the same time am rather cautious, it giving the kids a false impression a site for kids  where in fact its full of middle age gruppy men!!! "some of us".

personally I've always wanted to run in snatch fred and Rox and a few other convert "waterboard"  them till they covert too the rebel alliance.. we get a little convergence going we could have glorious home site.

and in some part of it robotrebels.com belongs to us all, cant be sold from under our arse, we all can have a say in its development more so if you can implement it.   
I build bots

James

• (Yahmez)
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
Quote from: Impala
that site looks a lot like our old home. This one does not. Do we care? Or where do we stand collectively as a group?

There have been discussions about this very thing. Do we convert to drupal to achieve the same look as our old home? Do we emulate the front page style here? Do we leave it as is? Unfortunately there is no consensus on this, although we really should try to come to a decision about it.

Roxanne and fhareide created that site around the same time as RobotRebels.org started. At the time, things were heated about the hostile takeover and censorship happening at LMR, not to mention the barrage of RS ads disguised as projects and most of all the new TOS which said we did not own our posted content anymore, RS did. In many respects the two websites that rose from the ashes are very similar. The idea that you alone own and have the right to things that you publish is a shared aspect of both communties. In fact many people here also have an account there. In my opinion, the main difference between here and cool kids was, and is, censorship. Here we wanted a place like our old home where you could be yourself and not have to worry about admins deleting things you say in the shoutbox or in general. A place where Max can post as many dildo robots as he wants. ;) Although we are not all about being dicks to each other, its not like you're going to get a talking to, and posts deleted, for having a bad day. Cool kids prides itself in being kid friendly, I.E. no cursing, adult humor, or jigglies in the shoutbox. Nothing wrong with that at all mind you, just not really what we were aiming for here.

Your thoughts???

Personally I like the forum here but also the front page with pictures for projects. If it were my decision I'd fund someone to develop a front page that emulates our home to a degree but is based off the current forum in place. That's just me though.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:54:31 PM by Yahmez »

kingart3

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »
My original reason for wanting to join Cool Kids Robots was to post some basic electronics tutorials there.  Having learned some stuff about 20 seconds ago, I have a good grasp on what beginners don't know...LOL.

I could post some that material here, but most of the people here are the ones I was reading the tutorials from four years ago when I started.  They won't be learning much from me.

Of course, perhaps it would be worth doing anyway just to build up more site content?

In regards to the website layout, it isn't flashy but... you can post text, post pictures, post links to videos.  It has the beloved Shout Box as well.  It seems to work well enough, so I would be hesitant to change it, but up to you.

Dread Robotic Overlord

jinx

• calling from free Europe
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
tutorials from four years ago when I started.  They won't be learning much from me.

nothing wrong in peer review,, just post, the fact you need to think about post,, mental health we got that :P but hell man just enjoy sharing.
personal am not interested how you got there but watching the sheer joy of how you got there, and you cant share that just deciding it. blogggtft rather than post. share the fun

I build bots

mogul

• Hot glue gunslinger
  • This is a good day!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »
My original reason for wanting to join Cool Kids Robots was to post some basic electronics tutorials there.  Having learned some stuff about 20 seconds ago, I have a good grasp on what beginners don't know...LOL.

I could post some that material here, but most of the people here are the ones I was reading the tutorials from four years ago when I started. 

I think you got it wrong when you assumed the technical skill level should be higher on RR than on CKR. Last time I looked at CKR projects they were pretty advanced. On RR many of us just hang out, tend to waste more time just rambling, enjoying the rebelism...

Go on, make something, share the blue smoke with us!

* Search

* Recent Topics

2D Side Scroller Cyberpunk themed by Killer Angel
[November 12, 2019, 07:56:15 AM]

The unnamed (yet) quatruped spider project by tinhead
[November 09, 2019, 05:58:16 AM]

Ebot SL by erco
[October 31, 2019, 04:27:36 PM]

Discord anyone? by tinhead
[October 20, 2019, 05:35:59 AM]

MKS Gen L 1.0 by lllloydo
[October 06, 2019, 01:24:26 AM]