collapse

Welcome!

Welcome to Robot Rebels, an online robot maker community.

Register today to post your projects, ask questions, share knowledge and meet like-minded people from around the world.

The RobotRebel.org Community

Author Topic: RR terms  (Read 1667 times)

jinx

• calling from free Europe
RR terms
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:03:35 AM »

am not overly fond of these general sterile terms there no mention of a site wide CC licensing no recognition at all for the 3D model section! or our honest impartiality towards reviews. we got a section devoted to advertisement in the sale section " so how can we have no advertisement  in the terms" personal one day we make use of appropriate ads to generate  revenue ,we shouldb't rule  out sponsors either  as we grow.

although i agree with most of the common sense  clauses in it  JUST DONT THINK IT REFLECTS who we are.
  inaccurate a stupid one we not professional researchers , we can do our best, but the nature of some post can become outdated hence become inaccurate." what we gonna do remove them?. 

where and when did we decide to ban under 13 year olds " its the 10 year old with a PI  that teach us old dogs new tricks". am more shocked at that"  many  a night I've had my kid in front of the screen with me" I find no reason for banning pre teens. "update " I am an old dog loosing his mind I remember  clearly how we came about  excluding the pre-teens, am just split over the idea of it now " but the law is the LAW burn the rascals at the gate!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:21:38 AM by jinx »
I build bots

mogul

• Hot glue gunslinger
  • This is a good day!
Re: RR terms
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:51:58 AM »
... DONT THINK IT REFLECTS who we are...

Hear! lets blast the crap away and write our own.

jinx

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 07:19:35 AM »
Membership:
          free and open to all... You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International  law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you seek written consent ( where ever possible) from the owner of the copyrighted material members, for what ever reason permission can not be obtained be mindful of fair use and don't abuse it .
                  Note that it is impossible for  RobetRebels to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of robtrebels as an whole. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator   immediately.  RobotRebels reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
creating  an account: 
                    You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information  which Robot Rebels determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Content:
   The entire contents of this website, including but not limited to: Text, graphics, logos, button icons,  movies, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, are the property of Robot Rebels or the uploaders (member), unless otherwise stated by the original content uploader , You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any portion of the website contents without the prior express written consent of Robot rebels or the original content provided by members.
                  You may print or download portions of the materials from various areas of this website solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. If you believe any content appearing on our website constitutes a copyright infringement of another party's rights, please contact us immediately at
              You/Member remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold  RobotRebels harmless.  RR also reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

COOKIES
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
        WELCOME to RobotRebels
                         lord overseer of the high seas.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:40:13 AM by jinx »
I build bots

Yahmez

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »
Agreed.

I had a custom one made but it was lost when I did an upgrade...  >:(

I'm all for changing it to better fit members, our site and it's mission.

mogul

• Hot glue gunslinger
  • This is a good day!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
Still very long and dry. Do we really have to write all that about laws and all, I mean, you are responsible to the law now matter what we write.

I think we only have to inform there we take more freedom away from people, like
  • Be nice, at least not a jerk
  • This is public internet, don't put secrets here
  • We track you with a cookie, to make site function
  • Obey local and global laws
  • Site owner/administrator might be forced to remove content

Ralph

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
I like where mogul's going.

Do we really have to write all that about laws and all, I mean, you are responsible to the law now matter what we write.

If we're going to have rules, then let's build them from the bottom up.  We should think about what's important to us and then present it in as plain and simple a manner as possible.

Food for thought:  Maybe we could better approach this by thinking about ourselves as a club or organization and not a web service.  In that light we could toss this whole notion of “Terms and Conditions” and replace it with a “Code of Conduct” that describes how members are expected to behave.

jinx

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »
                              law of the west

Welcome to RobotRebels we are a group of makers,tinkerers and dreamers of all thing robotics. we share a common interests with  only few simple rules:

first rule       Robot Rebels belong to us all as members we all have a say in its development and its                             
                         future. funding for RR is initially through donation from members," don't worry if you
                         unable to contribute cash ' their's many ways to contribute posting Bots is just one
                         aspect and by far the most fun, help out with site development etc etc cash don't 
                         make the site YOU do, so enjoy your time with us and make new friends. 

rule #101        observe wheaton law at all times
   rule #2           Although we are an international group of makers we ask that members use  there
                          best written english " don't worry if your English aint great, some of us are   
                          multilingual while the restof us have google translate but please and remember please
                          refrain from using txt speak.
 rule #8011      i  As mature thinking creatures remain civil to each other, Even in the heat of debates
                          " which we Rebels occasional take part in.
                         ii should you feel unwanted Vives are a aimed at you speak to an admin at once
                             "we are free thinker we aint victims and we sure as hell want tolerate bullies.
                         iii If you actively take part in and continue  disagreements between members. DO so
                            within the internal message system or email, DO NOT use the shout box
                             " the rest of us are building bots!.
   Rule #44        i  Members are responsible for their own content you made you own it and you are
                            encouraged use creative contents license 'which ever you see fit.
                         ii  When posting external links please provide a description "short sentence will do".
                         iii Posting Question please provide a detailed account " the value of the resistor
                             does matter ",links to data sheet,if possible post a clear photo of your set up.

the Rule   build your Dream have fun doing it and share with the rest of us.

" here am thinking we just use the genric dribble we have 'way the trolls are and the web works think it help protect RR as an entity on the web.  as for creative content  license I do think we opt for a general site wide, Ultimately  leave it to the member which best serve them, we seen how CC gets abused but least we have something  which to throw the shit end of the stick at the offenders. "
      now the web shit
Membership:
          free and open to all... You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International  law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you seek written consent ( where ever possible) from the owner of the copyrighted material members, for what ever reason permission can not be obtained be mindful of fair use and don't abuse it .
                  Note that it is impossible for  RobetRebels to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of robtrebels as an whole. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator   immediately.  RobotRebels reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
creating  an account: 
                    You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information  which Robot Rebels determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Content:
   The entire contents of this website, including but not limited to: Text, graphics, logos, button icons,  movies, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, are the property of Robot Rebels or the uploaders (member), unless otherwise stated by the original content uploader , You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any portion of the website contents without the prior express written consent of Robot rebels or the original content provided by members.
                  You may print or download portions of the materials from various areas of this website solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. If you believe any content appearing on our website constitutes a copyright infringement of another party's rights, please contact us immediately at
              You/Member remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold  RobotRebels harmless.  RR also reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

COOKIES
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:12:25 PM by jinx »
I build bots

MEgg

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 08:29:04 AM »
What became of this?
Our http://www.robotrebels.org/index.php?board=36.0 About section?
1st project: Dagu 5 Rover + Dagu - 4 Channel DC Motor + Red Back Spider robot controller + Raspberry B+
Chassis + wheels: https://picload.org/image/dggroior/20150831_028.jpg
current: https://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/m/a/r/k/usegg/2016-04/sb/img_3480-79682018.jpg

* Search

* Recent Topics

Just scary to me... by jinx
[November 16, 2017, 03:05:30 AM]

"Artie" version 3.0 (RTV3) by jinx
[November 14, 2017, 03:11:04 AM]

Anycubic Kossel (pulley) by Bajdi
[November 13, 2017, 04:48:04 PM]

grbl-LPC by jinx
[November 12, 2017, 02:48:46 PM]

mks ftf2.4 simple bezel by jinx
[November 11, 2017, 04:18:13 PM]